Express Delivery available on all orders
Express Delivery available on all orders
Skip to content

Babo Sangiovese 2016

by Babo
Sold out
Other Red Varietals false
Shipping calculator

    The name BABO is an Italian wine making term, referring to the measurement of Baume.

    The nose on the Babo Sangiovese 2016 vintage is deep and concentrated with aromas of blistered cherry and morello cherry, blended with fennel and lavender. A more aromatic vintage. The palate displays that northern chianti classico breadth and width with latent fruit power. Darker cherries, truffled notes and savoury detail build around the tannin, acid matrix. Fashionably late tannins leave no doubt that this a wonderful Tuscan vintage. 

    80% of this fruit was sourced from the Chianti Classico region from a vineyard with IGT classification planted with the ‘Brunello’ clone from a 23 year old vineyard. The remaining 20% was sourced from an 12 year old vineyard in the warmer Maremma region on the west coast of Tuscany planted to new clonal material of sangiovese. The fruit was hand picked.

    The Finer Details
    Style - Red Wine
    Varietal -  Sangiovese
    Country - Italy
    Region - Chianti
    Vintage - 2016
    Bottle Size - 750ml
    ABV - 13.5%